Welcome to CAN's *NEW* Internal Newsletter: "Connect."
Here, we will share bi-weekly internal news in three sections:
1. Highlights: We can't wait to spotlight great work happening within the organization.
2. Announcements: Some updates to let you know about some relevant events happening across CAN's sites.
3. Cultivate: Links and other content related to professional development & additional or callback training for working at CAN and partnering with CAN's families to hone and grow our skills.
This newsletter was born in the middle of a worldwide pandemic that prevents us from gathering in-person, but even after we are able to finally safely all be physically together again, we will still be operating out of many locations and it can be challenging to stay connected even in the best of times.
The goal of this new endeavor is to keep us connected with each other, celebrating our successes, announcing upcoming ways we can get involved or be aware of what's happening across our locations, and to provide some additional ways we can dig in as educators, social workers, chefs, caregivers, mentors, and teammates.
"Connect" is being created in a blog-format on CAN Academy so we can all join in conversation with one another in the comments under each post! Instructions for becoming a member of CAN Academy are at the bottom of this post. (Becoming a member allows us to: comment on posts and access the CAN Style Guide, Grant Writing Toolkit, and other member-protected CAN content.)
So let's keep carrying the light, CAN Crew! This is our space to connect and shine.
"I cannot cause the light; the most I can do is try to put myself in the path of its beam." --Annie Dillard, Pilgrim At Tinker Creek
1. Our Instagram game has been STRONG! Thanks to our amazing social media leaders and collaborators- Brenna (@canannarbor) and Laura (@canartdesign). If you haven't checked out our Instagram accounts yet, we highly recommend it, if only to see the faces of the kiddos & team members we all love and miss.
2. The CAN Academy Home Page has been updated. Check out the new design at www.can-academy.org and bookmark the staff & intern resources page to access CAN tools you may be using on a regular basis!
A new match campaign started on December 1--thanks to a generous donor, all donations for the entire month will be doubled! Tell your friends! Tell your neighbors!
Looking for some holiday party ideas? Check out the "Holiday Party Planning Resources" on www.can-academy.org/staff-resources. Open the Google Drive to find new COVID-Safe Holiday Event Ideas.
What are you reading/listening to/watching right now that is giving you life?
Share in the comments below!
My recent favorites have been...
"Dare to Lead" by Brené Brown on Spotify
"Office Ladies" with Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey on Apple Podcasts
"Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamott
How do I become a CAN Academy Member to comment on these posts?
Click the little profile icon in the upper right hand corner of the CAN Academy website header or select the "Become a Member" button at the bottom of the home page under "Connect"
Sign Up with your email and create a password
When your request is approved and you can go into your CAN Academy profile to update the information
Make your profile "public" so you can add comments below
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions or comments (or highlights, announcements, etc.), please email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org. This newsletter is posted bi-weekly on Monday mornings.